The deadline for submission of asbtracts has been extended until 30th June, 2016.
The asbtracts can be submited on the following topics:
- Freshwater and marine HAB biogeography: Regional issues, population dynamics, biosecurity and alien species.
- HAB prediction: modeling, observing systems, data collection and processing.
- Cyanobacteria: Harmful blooms in tropical, temperate and high latitude environments.
- Ciguatera and Benthic HABs: Harmful and nuisance algae in tropical, temperate and high latitude benthic environments.
- HA biology: culturing, Physiology and life cycles (cysts).
- HA Ecology: food chains, allelopathy, trophic strategies, parasitism/symbiosis, bacteria and viruses.
- Algal toxins: Chemistry/biochemistry, metabolism and analytical methods.
- Toxicology: mechanism of toxicity, international regulation and mitigation of algal toxins in food and water, clinical application for phycotoxins.
- Taxonomy, systematics and genomics: Morphological and molecular taxonomy, functional genomics and genetic diversity.
- HAB Technologies: From biosensors and techniques for cell and toxin detection and quantification to modeling and prediction.
- Wellness of coastal communities: Social and economic aspects, HABs and coastal activities sustainability.
- Surveillance and management: Monitoring, management, mitigation of HABs and food security.
- HABs in a Changing World: Climate change, land use and ocean acidification and HABs.
Check more information here.